Pastel Party Planning

In a few days time my lovely mother is having a birthday, and I have been tasked with providing the cakes for a party. I have decided to go all out and do a full spread with decorations, after admiring so many on pinterest for such a long time, I thought it is finally time to try one for myself! We settled on a theme of pastel colours, so yesterday I popped to the shops for some pastel coloured inspiration!
 I have decided that Flying Saucers, the classic sweets in such pretty pale colours would make an excellent starting point, and so am planning the rest along this colour scheme! I managed to find some gorgeous paper ribbon, tissue paper and wrapping paper in similar colours, and so have set to work planning around this theme. I am also looking forward to trying these Gel food colours by Dr Oetker, and hope they can make up some lovely pastel icing!
 Pinterest, as I mentioned earlier has been a wonderful source of inspiration, and just by searching 'pastel' you can find pages and pages of beautiful party ideas, decorations and tasty looking treats! I have a board, which you can find here, with pinned ideas if you'd like to check it out!
After doing this online planning and hunting for ideas, I now can't wait to get baking! Do you have any tips for baking for a party?
xxx

Labels: , , , ,