Contouring and a FOTD

Colour Crush Eyeshadow in Be My Clementine - £7*
Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Light Matte - £13*
All In One Blusher in Guava - £8*
Radiant Highlighter - £12*
 Today's post is all about being a little bit braver. I've decided it is finally time to start showing makeup on my face, as opposed to just in the pan or on my arm, so here is the first of (hopefully) many 'fotd' style posts! Contouring for me has always seemed like dangerous ground when it comes to makeup application. It can look so good, but also, it can look like coloured stripes across your cheeks, which isn't ideal! After receiving some lovely products from The Body Shop, I thought I'd give it a go, and I'll be honest, it really wasn't that tricky! For my face, I used my Mac Studio Fix foundation and No7 Creme Touch powder as a base, as I normally do, and used my trusty Real Techniques brushes to do the rest. The contouring brush does exactly as its name suggests, and I used it to apply the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder to my cheeks after making an attractive fish face, and then applied the All In One Blusher to the apples of my cheeks with a blusher brush. I applied a very light coat of the bronzer to the sides of my nose too. I then applied the Radiant Highlighter with my fingers to my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose, by dotting it on and smoothing it in very gently. Patting it in works well so to not rub off any makeup underneath. For my eyes I used the Colour Crush Eyeshadow in Be My Clementine, a golden orange shade with a lovely shimmer to it, which I love as I find it really compliments the colour of my eyes. I finished it off with Rimmel's Glam Eyes liquid liner and No7 Expert Lash Mascara. I would highly recommend these products if you are having a go at contouring for the first tine, they really did make it so easy!

Labels: , , , ,